www.llamasoft.co.uk

For a bit of this and that when needed.
GilesGoat
Site Admin

www.llamasoft.co.uk

Postby GilesGoat » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:07 pm

( Originally posted by Rik, accidentally deleted after a 'move' ).

About your question why "llamasoft.co.uk" gets redirected to "minotaurproject.co.uk" is a technical issue cause a not otherwise solvable domain transfer problem with the current new hosting.

The hosting of the full website and stuff of llamasoft.co.uk been moved elsewhere for the simple reason the old one expired and wasn't in used any more by anyone else but us and it wasn't economically convenient for anyone to keep it there.

Unfortunately despite being looking for quite a while ( as you know ) for the best solution and been reccomended from some parts about this particular provider we had quite a nightmare about the domain transfer which actually did not go completely in place cause silly technical issues and their policy.

To make real short a not-so-good story this is the only way we have so far to keep this working ( unless changing hosting again which we are not going to do in the short term ).

However as The Minotaur Project is the beginning of a quite long-term thing we found is good to keep so far this as that.

There is no change in anything else but the hosting .. I can only say I've been trying to get on the phone with someone more technical and less sales drone drived by the pushing force of "we sell you the moon on a stick for 10p nowadays" but it's getting harder and harder to get past this kind of barrier ...

RiK

Re: www.llamasoft.co.uk

Postby RiK » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:42 am

If you're with 1and1 now, can't you just request the llamasoft domain in your control panel and then they'll put in the transfer request for you to move it from your old provider. I've got over 20 domains with 1and1 and several of those were transferred over no problem at all from their old hosts.

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Re: www.llamasoft.co.uk

Postby GilesGoat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:24 pm

RiK wrote:If you're with 1and1 now, can't you just request the llamasoft domain in your control panel and then they'll put in the transfer request for you to move it from your old provider. I've got over 20 domains with 1and1 and several of those were transferred over no problem at all from their old hosts.

No, it does not work because we have a thing in the DNS that we can't change that their "fantastic control panel/application" does not support and screws it up, if you try it it simply does not work.

I spare you the set of emails back and forth with 1and1 support to try to sort this out, which would be very trivial but they won't do it, and the almost 2 hours spent on the phone with them trying to see a solution.

There's no solution, I am quite disappointed about it with 1and1 and certainly if I would have to re-choose again another provider I would not be there any more.

Return to “Various uncategorized”