In case you have OpenFeint Freeze

Technical support forum for Minotaur Rescue users.
GilesGoat
Site Admin

In case you have OpenFeint Freeze

Postby GilesGoat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Reporting a twitter from Yak :

I've been told that's a fairly common OpenFeint bug and should clear after rebooting and/or reinstalling.

It seems it may happen on iphone3gs 3.1.2, so far only one person we know of reported this problem.

Mind you this game been tested and certified "OK" by OpenFeint even before Apple ;)

PVB

Re: In case you have OpenFeint Freeze

Postby PVB » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Ragnorak on YY also has the same issue on the same device (AFAIK).

I was unable to access the OF/GC leaderboards at all this morning (in and out of the game, so not the game's fault) so it may be that there's a problem with them too?

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Well .. as you know PVB I think you've been playing this game quite since a bit and it never had any problem.

We did pass ( you FIRST have this THEN Apple ) the Open Feint validation/etc. "with zero problems all green light" so .. has to be an Open Feint problem.

I suspect they have some server problem, in the first place I always seens OF not being "super ultra fast" and every now and then it seems to 'freeze/lock' a little bit while doing its stuff.

Maybe too many people are playing games and are crashing OF capabilities ;) ?

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 pm

I just wanted to add to make it a bit more clear that Minotaur Rescue been tested and used and played quite some time in the previous months and quite a bit with the OpenFeint added.

Which .. seems to be a remarkable thing well done "clean and nice you put it in and does the job" and in all this time of testing we've been using it apart some little occasional 'server glitch' but quite rare we haven't seen anything wrong or such or 'so inetrrupting' to require extra investigation or debug.

Must be "our usual luck" of "launch the game and something goes wrong somewhere ( else ) exactly in that day" :?

What I am saying here is that if it did work that well during all the time we've been using it I suspect all this has to be some temporary glitch of the OF thing that hopefully it will go away soon, however if any of you having that problem would maybe post here a few extra info about what's going on, your system, etc. it could help me to get a better picture and maybe try to get in touch with the OF people to know something about.

I haven't put directly hands on the OF thign ( Yak did ) but IIRC he was saying it's a quite straightforward thing I mean "there should not be that much that one can do to make it wrong", if it hangs up "just even before to start" .. that's quite weird .. I mean for what I remember you call some kind of "Init()" and that should be all about it, OF is "not even used" until a score needs to be updated and such.

I'd go for the "OpenFeint too many people on the server maybe" way .. and/or I wonder if they have some "extra problem" now since they added the integration with the Apple thing.

ragnorak

Postby ragnorak » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Giles

Still no joy with it working on my itouch - does it need an os upgrade

I've got a 32gb 3rd Generation itouch running version 3.1.3 (7E18) of the os.

At the moment I'm just getting the Llamasoft splash screen at the start and then the openfeint screen and nothing else :-(

I've tried it both with wi-fi turned off and on and still not good :-(

ragnorak

Postby ragnorak » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:45 pm

updated the OS and it now works

Coolie-o

Rags

elvis75k

Postby elvis75k » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:17 am

Congratulation for MR!
I'm on iphone 3gs, 3.1.2 (or 3.1.3..), jb bb 5.11.07 and i give up (i'm still awake in the middle of the night).
Update to another OS: NO way, i have an iPad with latest fw w/o jb so if things remains unchanged i might as well buy it for ipad -
I hope it's a momentary OF problem, but something like "skip this fantastic feature"
is missing at the moment - maybe you can add this later (or not, if isn't your code in there?)

Thanks in advance, and sorry if something is not written correctically :)
I'm sorry to be on the bad luck on the 1st day.. I have in some way experienced a lot of fun asking a reading.

Cheers from Italy

nyarla

Postby nyarla » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:45 am

elvis75k wrote:Update to another OS: NO way, i have an iPad with latest fw w/o jb so if things remains unchanged i might as well buy it for ipad

Hey elvis75k.. well it's a universal app - for ipad and iphone in the same version.. so you can't go wrong :) If you bought it for iphone you can already put it on your ipad!

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 am

elvis75k wrote:Congratulation for MR!
I'm on iphone 3gs, 3.1.2 (or 3.1.3..), jb bb 5.11.07 and i give up (i'm still awake in the middle of the night).
Update to another OS: NO way, i have an iPad with latest fw w/o jb so if things remains unchanged i might as well buy it for ipad -
I hope it's a momentary OF problem, but something like "skip this fantastic feature"
is missing at the moment - maybe you can add this later (or not, if isn't your code in there?)

Thanks in advance, and sorry if something is not written correctically :)
I'm sorry to be on the bad luck on the 1st day.. I have in some way experienced a lot of fun asking a reading.

Cheers from Italy

Someone passed me some info about you or better to say about your system .. 8-)

I don't say it should affect anything because I don't think OpenFeint is picky about it ( but who knows ? ) but I do know you are running this stuff on an "unorthodox" device .. Yak once had a fuckload of shit as well when he tried something similar to his iPad he had to 'reclean' it and return back to a more standard setup despite, in theory, there should have been no problems.

I am not sure you can actually put a 'skip this feature' button once you decide to put it in and pass OpenFeint approval then.

The other problem is, with your system, you are adding one extra variable ( that we can't test ) which anyway is "non standard" so it's hard to tell where really the problem is, I don't say "everything is perfect" but certainly "it could be even less perfect in that condition" for reasons we can't know ..

Finally, as you are from Italy I could say you "Non sta' smisiar con l' OS de quella roba e metter le man dentro che dopo non funziona senno' xe pappipne per tutti !" 8-)

You may guess someone else is Italian too here :mrgreen:

yakfan

Postby yakfan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Hello all.

I have the same problem, freeze on the openfaint screen. I'm running an ipod touch, 3rd gen, 32gb, 3.1.3

Gutted as I saw a preview version of this at the Blackpool show and chatted to Jeff about it ( my mates even had a curry with him )

Please can this be fixed with an update

Cheers

A yak Fan.

Return to “Minotaur Rescue support”