iPad 2 HDML problem

Technical support forum for Minotaur Rescue users.
hardbattle

iPad 2 HDML problem

Postby hardbattle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Giles.

I've been playing with my iPad 2 and it's HDMI adaptor. So far, every game I've tried, apart from the two Llamasoft releases, work fine.

Both of your games load to the menu (on the iPad and the TV) and then quit as soon as a game is about to start.... Any ideas?

hardbattle

Re: iPad 2 HDML problem

Postby hardbattle » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:41 pm

I should add that I tried this again last night with maybe 20 or so other apps - all games, and they all worked apart from the two Minotaur games. I tried rebooting, and still no joy. I think it's something to do when the gamecentre stuff logs in, as that's when it always crashes... Hope that helps.

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:15 am

"interesting" ..

Problem is I don't have nor any iPad 2 nor any HDMI adapter to try ..

So the first answer could be "no idea", the second one could be "you are probably right" but about "why ?" I would not know ( yet ).

robc

Postby robc » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:29 am

A bit of good news - I was also able to get this problem happening on my 1st gen iPad when I happened to run it with the HDMI adapter attached.

I do happen to have a VGA adapter around here, but I've not had a chance to dig up a cable & connect it to my monitor to see what happens with it there…

Hopefully it'll help out diagnosing this one… Mino Rescue really feels like it'd be awesome on a larger TV :D

RiK

Postby RiK » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:24 am

Apple made a big thing about display mirroring onto a big screen in the keynote last week so it's pretty clear they're pushing it as a feature.

Might be worth investing in a couple of adaptors for VGA and HDMI and making sure both the current and any future games do support it properly.

hardbattle

Postby hardbattle » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:18 pm

I just wondered if you've managed to recreate this problem yet - The only games it happens are out of the loads and loads I've tried are your 3.... :)

I'm using an iPad 2 and a HDMI adaptor - the all three games load to the menu screen, but as soon as you start a new game, you get kicked to the home screen.

I noticed you said you'll be adding iCade support in updates for all your games, but how about taking a peak at whats causing this? Thanks!

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 am

hardbattle wrote:I just wondered if you've managed to recreate this problem yet - The only games it happens are out of the loads and loads I've tried are your 3.... :)

I'm using an iPad 2 and a HDMI adaptor - the all three games load to the menu screen, but as soon as you start a new game, you get kicked to the home screen.

I noticed you said you'll be adding iCade support in updates for all your games, but how about taking a peak at whats causing this? Thanks!

Ok to begin with we don't have any iPad 2 to test it :?

I can try to have a go with the iPad and an VGA adapter I should have somewhere when I'll find where it is.

hardbattle

Postby hardbattle » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks Giles - It must be a shared bit of code as it only seems to happen with Llamasoft titles.

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:17 am

hardbattle wrote:Thanks Giles - It must be a shared bit of code as it only seems to happen with Llamasoft titles.

We use the "standard initialisation" as by Apple code samples .. could be we "missed" something and/or the one we use does not support that thing ?

I still have to find that adapter and see if I can see anything.

hardbattle

Postby hardbattle » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Just tried Goatup, and it's exactly the same.... Menu is on screen, everything looks fine until you try to play, then it kicks you out....

Return to “Minotaur Rescue support”