Aspect ratio is out

Technical support forum for Minotaur Rescue users.
swith

Aspect ratio is out

Postby swith » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:40 am

Hey guys

Something that I can't quite get my head around is why both Minotaur Rescue and Minotron is in a funny aspect ratio - i.e. they look like they've been made for a 4:3 aspect ratio and been stretched to 16:9.

Are you guys planning on fixing the games so that they're in an aspect ratio which doesn't stretch everything on the X axis, or does nobody else think it looks a bit ropey? :D

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Re: Aspect ratio is out

Postby GilesGoat » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Huh ... "why so" ?

I mean especially Minotron it's been 99% developed on/for the iPad .. what do you mean "streched" do you see something that in your opinion is not as it should be and if so what in particular ?

I mean I do know that "it's been designed for the iPad" so I am not sure exactly "what looks distorted for you" because I am sure it looks ( on the iPad at least ) exactly how it should be looking.

What is that gives you that impression ?

swith

Re: Aspect ratio is out

Postby swith » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 am

It's when I rotate the triangular ship, when the nose is pointing east or west, the ship appears to be longer than if it is pointing north or south.

This is more prominent on the iphone obviously, but it still does not seem correct on the iPad, almost as if it's in 4:4 not 4:3?

Return to “Minotaur Rescue support”