Running half speed on 3GS?

Support forum for Deflex
swith

Running half speed on 3GS?

Postby swith » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:33 am

Hello! Bought the game (as usual) but this seems to run half as fast on the 3GS than it does on the iPad.

The result of which was I thought this was a painfully slow game, and was reeeally miffed. Then I tried it on an iPad and it's a completely different speed

Did I miss something somewhere saying it's really slow on 3GS's?

swith

Re: Running half speed on 3GS?

Postby swith » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:03 am

Sorry guys you really need to look at this or you'll just get a shitload of bad reviews. It's completely shit on 3GS. Did anyone test the build on a 3GS?

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:49 am

Hi Swith .. wow that sounds odd .. personally I haven't seen it on the 3GS, I know Yak been playing it all time on the iPad and iPhone 4 and I've seen it on both run absolutely fine, given the engine is more or less the same than Mino Rescue and Minotron that sounds quite weird ..there has not ( should not at all ) have been any "significant modifications" on that to create such a problem.

As I said I haven't seen on 3GS, guess we'll have to dig it out and give it a look .. that sounds really bizarre I'd say anyway I mean "what the heck ?" same thing that what should be MinoRescue and Minotron .. humm ..

We'll have a look into it.

[edit] - just for details 3GS running what version of iOS ? Thanks.

swith

Postby swith » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 am

Running version 4.3.3

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:40 am

I just realised "why we have not seen that", because we do not have any 3GS here to try it on .. I wonder if that slowness could have something to do with 4.3.3 ( is a recent update is it ? ) and/or if Mino Rescue and Minotron are still going fine on it.

I have to check some stuff later, only "solution" I could think of ATM is to try to give you another build with "a couple of things changed" and see if it makes any difference.

Really, this is puzzling "there should be not much difference" not in terms of the graphic engine at least I wonder if it's a memory issue or something.

Thing is that "normally" if it goes well on the iPad ( 1 ) it goes even better on the iPhone 4 we do test on both and adjust things to be sure it all goes well on both but yeah sounds like we miss the 3GS ..

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:58 am

swith wrote:Running version 4.3.3

If you can PM me the UID UIID ( whatever is called ) of your 3GS I can try to make a build for you with some twiddled stuff and see if we can figure out something thanks.

RiK

Postby RiK » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:33 am

You need to remember that the iPhone4 is *significantly* faster than the 3Gs so it's quite possible that it's simply not able to achieve the same frame rate.

Even in average tests the iPhone 4 is about 15-20% faster, see:

http://youtu.be/W2F4O0QIzC4

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:53 pm

We may have fxed the speed problem but we are still verifying it better.

Return to “Deflex Support”