Bug on iPad2 - found and fixed

Support forum for Goat UP
cj2003

Bug on iPad2 - found and fixed

Postby cj2003 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:35 am

Just played it on my iPhone and there's a major difference compared to the version on my iPad2:

On the iPhone, when I hit moving objects i kill them, my goat flies up and looses a kid.
On the iPad2, I just "kill" them and gets the points - no damage done against my goat - have a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU3D3Wu0 ... tube_gdata

Ipad2: version 4.3.5
iPhone: version 4.3.5

I guess the top scorers are all using iPad2's....I'm currently no. 3 "Pfeiffer"!

Damn...I think I prefer it easy, but this must be a bug - finally there was something I was good at....

Thanks for a great game
Christian

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Re: Bug on iPad2

Postby GilesGoat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:15 am

I don't think there is any bug at all.

In the Miner2049er level when you get one of those 'miner objects' it works like in the original game, you become INVINCIBLE for a little while ( see your goat turned into red ?) and the enemies change ( like in Miner 2049er ) and you have a LIMITED amount of invicibility time, there's an audio clue that tells you when this is going to expire.

So as long as you pick up objects ( of that kind ) you can smash enemies by touching them, when the goat stops being red and returns white again your invincibility time is over ( and you'd get hit ).

Check again and tell me if you just missed that.

cj2003

Postby cj2003 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:36 am

You're right - I've just been playing a bit more and it's because I was red, I was able to knock them off.

When I thenstarted a new game, I started as red and kept on being red until I fell of the ledges to my death!! I thought that it must be wrong, so I closed the GoatUp app completely - erased it from memory - and when the game then started again, I was white as I was supposed to be and became only temporarily red as you describe. I've not been able to re-create the conditions where I'm red from the start, but I'm still playing/testing...

Could there be a situation where the red_reset_flag or what it's called isn't reset, as that is the only reason for me getting so high scores - I can see that now :-(

/Christian

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:58 am

.. amazing .. I mean "this game been played 1,000,000 + 1 times and we never seen anything like that" .. as usual ..

"Sounds" like there could be an uninitialised state however I think ( suppose ) that as soon as you'd get a power thing and the time would expire you'd be white again ( I don't know that part of code but I suppose it's something like "when time expired red_state = 0" )

It could be that something sets you in red but something else still believes you are white so the timer never starts, however I can't explain why when you pick up an object nothing happens unless there's some logic somewhere that sees you are red so it assumes a timer been started already ?

That's very odd, needs a bit of investigation sure.

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Re: Bug on iPad2 - found and fixed

Postby GilesGoat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:43 pm

The bug been found and fixed, appeareantly there was a weird situation where there was a remote possibility a var was uninitialised, now not any more, it's been explicitely initialised so that can never happen again.

So "on the top of that" ( actually "better than that" ) Yak is just making an update with bugfix + iCade support ;)

cj2003

Re: Bug on iPad2 - found and fixed

Postby cj2003 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Awesome, thanks!

Return to “Goat Up Support”