Welcome to the Caverns of Minos support forum

Support forum for Caverns of Minos
GilesGoat
Site Admin

Welcome to the Caverns of Minos support forum

Postby GilesGoat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi guys, as usual this is the Support Forum for Caverns of Minos.

Hopefully there won't be any problems at all to need support :)

But if you may ever need it here is where you'll find it.

PLEASE NOTE : our SW is tested on REGULAR DEVICES only, we do not guarantee it could work or work differently on Jailbroken devices or such, despite the SW is "plain and simple" done with as much respect as possible of iOS we don't know what could happen "if you mess with your iOS" we really can't test those situations.

Despite I can understand some people can have some reasons for not updating the iOS or use a Jailbroken device we can't really guarantee that anything is going to work if you happen to be in one of those situations.

NOTE ABOUT "why only 3rd gen devices" : the reason is very simple, our "framework" is based on the Neon engine, actually it IS the Neon engine ( plus other things ) for this reason there is use of shaders and other stuff not really present in older HW or older OpenGL versions. As all Llamasoft ( new gen ) games are based on the Neon engine this is our "minimal HW supported". In short, if it does not support OpenGLES 2.0 it won't work.

Giles.

precious_pony

Re: Welcome to the Caverns of Minos support forum

Postby precious_pony » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:59 am

I have a 3GS and an iPad 1, and love the control scheme on the iPad but really dislike it for the 3GS due to being forced to use the top and bottom of the screen which conceils too much of what is going on (the top area is most important). The controls are fundamentally good if it were not for being forced to cover up too much of the screen.

Maybe you trialled it and it didn't work, but if not, for the first point release, would it be possible to add in a tilt to steer option? I most certainly would not use this option on the iPad but for my phone, it would likely be my preferred choice (I usually use the tilt to steer option on GoatUp too).

PP

stinky ox

Postby stinky ox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 pm

The main reason there isn't tilt to steer is because it'd be nigh on impossible to control the pointy ship that way. When we do an update we'll likely include an option for people to use side-by0side controls (GoatUp style) as well as top to bottom. Personally I prefer the top to bottom style since the way I hold it not much of the screen is obscured and it gives a larger control area with the steering thumb (I find side by side a bit fiddly holding the phone that way). But it'll be simple enough to chuck in an option in a future update.

precious_pony

Postby precious_pony » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:27 pm

stinky ox wrote:The main reason there isn't tilt to steer is because it'd be nigh on impossible to control the pointy ship that way. When we do an update we'll likely include an option for people to use side-by0side controls (GoatUp style) as well as top to bottom. Personally I prefer the top to bottom style since the way I hold it not much of the screen is obscured and it gives a larger control area with the steering thumb (I find side by side a bit fiddly holding the phone that way). But it'll be simple enough to chuck in an option in a future update.

Thanks for the fast response.

I understand the pointy ship would be impossible with those controls, but for the ships with only vertical orientation, I think it makes sense as an option, especially for lower screen sizes. Being able to play a game single-handed makes it train-friendly too.

In addition, is it possible to have an option to change the clockwise/anticlockwise rotation directional gestures for the commander ship. It seems natural to me that sweeping right would rotate clockwise and left anticlockwise?

I also have a bug to report that the Commander mode is unplayable on the 3GS as the sensitivity of steering is set way way too low. It works fine (albeit inverted) on the iPad but even if the inversion were not an issue, the sensitivity means that it is impossible to control on a 3GS.

PVB

Postby PVB » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm

In case you weren't aware, there's been an update to CoM:

What's New in Version 0001.01.01

Added option to select left/right handed control layout as well as top/bottom one on iPhone.

Added tilt simulation buttons when used with external controller (e.g. iCade).

Mutant Camel

Postby Mutant Camel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi Chaps. I found what I think is a bug at the bottom of cavern 7 (I think it was). The one with several grey spikes/towers pointing right up. Anyway, I managed to impale my ship arseways and slide down on the central spike before exploding, and then re-spawned kind of inside/astride the bottom of the spike, which meant all my lives got eaten up. Maybe some collision detection problem, here?

Return to “Caverns of Minos Support”