Online Scores not working

Technical support forum for Gridrunner Revolution users
Reaper

Online Scores not working

Postby Reaper » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:48 pm

Online scores stopped working for me many months ago, around when the forums all vanished.
Theyve never started to work again for me, are they still down or have I got some issue ?

Im running GRR on steam, it says Steam version 118 at logon. When the game loads it says accessing servers...
but I dont get any msg saying it cant find them. If I goto high scores only local are shown and pressing C it looks
for the server but then says "Ooops Server Error !".

Ive also disabled and shutdown my software firewall aswell to make sure it wasnt that.

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Re: Online Scores not working

Postby GilesGoat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Reaper,

there's nothing wrong your side, it really is the "server" down.

I yet have to fix that thing but I am just now working on some "updates/improvements" of the score things.

There is going to be "more scores and more stuff" soon, so keep an eye.

Reaper

Postby Reaper » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:46 am

Cool, looking forward to it, wanting to beat my 9th and 12th places on the C64 & Vic 20 boards. :)
Will space giraffee get online scores too ??

Also anychance of some sort of cheat detection on scores, cus unless theres a technique I havent discovered yet theres some
suspicously high scores at a very low level :(

p.s. Dont abandon us pc users for the iphone ! Was so cool when I found out about space giraffe & GRR on the pc as been big fan since
Amiga llamatron and super gridrunner, not to mention Tripatron :)

GilesGoat
Site Admin

Postby GilesGoat » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:09 am

Reaper wrote:Cool, looking forward to it, wanting to beat my 9th and 12th places on the C64 & Vic 20 boards. :)
Will space giraffee get online scores too ??

Also anychance of some sort of cheat detection on scores, cus unless theres a technique I havent discovered yet theres some
suspicously high scores at a very low level :(

p.s. Dont abandon us pc users for the iphone ! Was so cool when I found out about space giraffe & GRR on the pc as been big fan since
Amiga llamatron and super gridrunner, not to mention Tripatron :)

Oh dear the way scores work is highly encripted and such, I may add an 'extra security' this time on the thing but I'd say is quite unlikely someone tampered with them.

Oh I am not abandoning you at all, actually yesterday I was ( finally ) re-working on the whole score framework/interface and finally it starting to work "into the new thing" which now will also include "achivements".

One of the ( new ) problems for me now is that the SW begins "naturally for a touchscreen device" ( and it works lovely on a PC with touchscreen ) but it has to be "readapted" for a non-touchscreen thing .. which is a bit tricky.

Do not forget that in terms of power ( graphic ) and such a PC is always "lights years ahead" comapred to a iOS thing so it would be foolish to forget about it.

In this moment Yak is nearly full time on iOS and me I am really full time on PC ( for a thing or another ), I am not showing any WIP I'll begin to show things ( to testers ) when they will be 95% completed, which is going to be quite soon.

Return to “Gridrunner Revolution support”